If the offerings of Miracle on 7th Street seem overwhelming, don’t worry, we’ve got the details!
While Downtown Terre Haute will be full of events, unique experiences and holiday spirit the volunteer committee organizing the two-day festival try as best we can to compile everything into one place. Check out the Miracle Map for a full list of events. Also read below for additional information.
- The annual tree lighting will take place on Friday, December 2 at 6pm with Santa.
- Visit the Miracle Vendor Market! Shopping is available along Wabash Avenue featuring artisans, makers, crafters in FOUR heated and lit tents.
- Visit the Vigo County History Center on Friday, December 2, 6-9pm for FREE admission! The History Center will display a vintage WWII searchlight. Visitors will also have the opportunity to create a “Museum Mouse” craft on the facility’s 3rd Floor. Toys for Tots will visit the History Center lobby with FREE gifts for visitors!
- The Miracle Gingerbread house contest, sponsored by Baesler’s Market will be displayed inside the Swope Art Museum! Come visit to view the handmade creations. Visitors can also visit the Museum’s 3rd floor to make their own Christmas cards – admission to the Swope is FREE!
- Visit the Miracle stage, sponsored by The Terre Haute Convention & Visitors Bureau at 7th and Wabash to enjoy holiday music from numerous choirs from around the Wabash Valley! For a full schedule check miracleonthstreet.com.
- The trackless train powered by Duke Energy will be rolling through downtown Terre Haute on Friday and Saturday.
- Free events at the Vigo County Public Library including a harpist on Friday night from 5 to 8 p.m. The VCPL is also hosting age-appropriate, family-friendly activities on Saturday, and event-goers can shop the Friends of the Library book sale all weekend.
- Local non-profits will decorate and display Christmas Trees in the heart of downtown, located outside the vendor market. Tour the trees and pick your favorite! Sponsored by The Hometown Savings Bank.
- Stop by the Terre Haute Children’s Museum on Saturday, December 3 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. to make your own snowflake salt painting! Science can take many forms and this is a fun winter STEAM activity. We think snowflake salt painting is tons of fun! We can’t wait to create some winter art (using SCIENCE) with you.
- The “Light Your Way” parade presented by Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College is scheduled for Saturday, December 3 at 6pm.
- NEW THIS YEAR! Visit with friends and family, carry-out food from local restaurants and food trucks in your own personal IGLOO! The Miracle, thanks to a generous grant from the Wabash Valley Community Foundation, will provide 12 igloos located on Wabash Ave. The 12×12 foot heated igloos will be available both Friday and Saturday. For a furnished, decorated igloo please make a reservation via Eventbrite. Reservations are $100 for two hours. Another six igloos will be available for FREE general admission on a first come first served basis with a one-hour time limit.
Official Miracle on 7th Street Event Entry Forms
2022 Miracle on 7th Street Tree Decorating Form, Presented by The Hometown Savings Bank
2022 Gingerbread Decorating Contest Sponsored by Baesler’s Market
2022 Downtown Window Decorating Contest
*We are no longer accepting Vendor Applications for the 2022 Miracle on 7th Street. The application process is officially closed! We had a record amount of applicants, thank you for the interest!