“Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting.”
– Thomas S. Monson
The annual Miracle on 7th Street is more than just a festival in Downtown Terre Haute, but the chance for the Terre Haute community to come together during the holiday season to help others.
With no admission fee and most events and activities free of charge, the Miracle relies on donations to create a winter wonderland. All proceeds and canned good donations (which is a form of currency for many Miracle events) benefit local organizations.
Charities directly benefiting from the Miracle on 7th Street include the 14th and Chestnut Community Center Grumbling Tummies program, Catholic Charities, the Salvation Army’s Christmas Food Basket program, St. Benedict’s Soup Kitchen, the Tribune-Star’s Christmas Basket Fund, Providence Food Pantry and United Campus Ministries.
Thirty additional charities participate and benefit through Miracle on 7th Street.
You can get in on the giving!
More than 20 area businesses and organizations will be collecting food donations to benefit Miracle. Visit any of these locations to drop-off non-perishable foods for people in the community.
- Cackleberries 303 S 7th St
- Crossroads Cafe 679 Wabash Ave
- First National Bank Downtown 1 First Financial Plaza
- Indiana State Federal Credit Union 444 N 3rd St
- J Gumbo’s 665 Wabash Ave
- Kroger East 2650 Wabash Ave.
- Kroger North 2140 Ft. Harrison Rd
- Kroger South 4714 U.S Hwy41
- Meadows 2800 Poplar St
- Old National Bank Downtown 701 Wabash Ave
- Swope Art Museum 25 S 7th St
- TH Chamber of Commerce 630 Wabash Ave # 105
- Vigo County Public Library 1 Library Square
- Wabash Valley Recovery Center 619 Cherry St,
- Wal-mart East 2399 State Rd. 46
- Wal-mart South 5555 U.S Hwy 41
- YMCA 1 Dresser Dr
- Terre Haute Bowling Center 600 E Springhill Dr
- Imperial Lanes 400 N 3rd St
- Fifth Third Bank 2511 Poplar
- Big Lots 4650 S US Hwy 41
- Vigo County School Corp Admin 686 Wabash Ave
- First Financial Bank – Plaza North 1800 Fort Harrison Rd
- First Financial Bank-West Terre Haute 309 National Ave
- First Financial Bank-Meadows Center 350 S 25th St
- SMWC 1 St Mary of Woods College